The Worcester County Chapter of ASSP is happy to post your job on our website. To submit a job posting that you would like posted to the Worcester County ASSE website, please email us a copy of the job description which includes the job title, job locations (city & state), the company name/information, job description, job requirements and job contact information. Jobs will be posted for 60 days.
Or click here to be brought to our Job Submission Form. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
There is no cost associated with posting on our website.
Old job postings that are more than 60 days old will be removed from the website. If you haven’t found a suitable candidate in that time, please send a new listing to be re-posted.
EHS Specialist – Nitto Avecia – Milford, MA
Posted: Aug 28, 2018
Purpose of the Position:
This position reports to the Director of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) and executes hands-on EHS functions for the Milford and Marlborough sites providing guidance and support to employees and management as required. This position also assists with collecting key performance indicators and making recommendations for continuous improvement of EHS systems.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Handles hazardous, non-hazardous and universal waste, maintains and inspects satellite and main accumulation areas, prepares waste for shipment and coordinates pick-ups.
- Operates industrial wastewater system (Grade 2I), including routine maintenance and inspection of tanks, pumps, control systems, etc.
- Coordinates and participates in site emergency response teams (chemical spills, medical emergencies, and building evacuation).
- Maintains required regulatory documentation for hazardous waste, wastewater treatment, emergency response, etc.
- Manages employee driving program, including compliance with DOT placarding and paperwork.
- Assists with implementation of EHS programs. Capable of leading certain EHS programs and projects, e.g. hazardous waste management, emergency response, etc.
- Assists with hazard recognition and risk assessments.
- Participates in risk reduction programs and continuous improvement activities.
- Conducts EHS audits of facilities and site operations.
- Assists in incident investigations and implementation of corrective actions.
- Provides technical assistance and advice to managers and employees regarding EHS issues.
- Assists in the development and presentation of EHS training sessions.
Job Knowledge Required:
- Minimum Associate’s degree in environmental, occupational health & safety, science or engineering related field, or vocational technical high school diploma.
- Minimum 5 years of proven EHS experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology related field, including experience with requirements from local, state and federal agencies including OSHA, EPA, MADEP, DOT, and NFPA.
- Must be familiar with chemical hazards in both manufacturing and laboratory settings.
- Training and hands-on experience in incident command, emergency response, HAZMAT, first aid, or other relevant EHS topics preferred.
- Wastewater treatment plant operator’s license (Grade 2I or higher) preferred.
- Previous experience in a cGMP environment preferred.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Able to manually handle materials up to 50 lbs, including lifting, pulling, pushing, climbing, crouching, grasping, kneeling, etc.
- Able to wear a respirator (full-face air-purifying, including powered air)
- Able to hear and talk
- Sufficient visual acuity (with or without correction) to drive vehicles and powered industrial trucks
- Current Commercial Driver’s License preferred, Massachusetts Class D driver’s license required